Social Media Manager
The Social Media Manager is responsible for implementing social media strategies for clients. This includes social media management, content bank management, producing good content, analysing usage data, facilitating customer service and managing projects and campaigns.
The social media coordinator can act quickly, as a public relations professional would, to positive and negative feedback on client channels. Moreover, the ideal candidate will work closely with the PPC Manager to ensure paid social media campaigns are working hand in hand with organic growth of social media channels.
Key Functional Areas of Responsibility
- Develop a social media strategy and set goals to increase brand awareness and increase engagement
- Manage all social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Instagram and Google MyBusiness
- Plan content and delivery, using tools like Hootsuite, Asana and Slack to manage multiple social media channels effectively
- Develop and manage competitions and campaigns that promote client’s organisation and brand
- Write engaging blog posts and articles
- Create engaging multimedia content by creating storyboards and/or outsource this effectively
- Form key relationships with influencers across the social media platforms within each client’s niche
- Manage and facilitate social media communities by responding to social media posts and developing discussions
- Monitor and report on performance on social media platforms using various
- Educate other staff on the use of social media and promote its use within client’s company
- Regularly liaise with clients via email or conference calls
- Passion for social media and viral content.
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, and identify and resolve problems.
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven atmosphere.
- Ability to clearly and effectively articulate thoughts and points.
- Ability to learn new industries and new business types quickly and apply this knowledge to internet marketing initiatives to achieve client goals.
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation.
- Excellent analytical, organisational, project management and time management skills.
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- No less than 2 years experience in social media management.
- Proficiency in Google Suite (Documents, Sheets, Slides etc.).
- Experience with website analysis using a variety of analytics tools including Google Analytics as well as internal reporting tools.
- Experience working with popular social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Instagram and Google MyBusiness).
- Proficiency in managing moderate to large scale social media channels in a variety of different business verticals.
- Social media certifications a plus.
- BS/BA/BBA degree preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary plus performance incentives
- Work from home and remote work friendly
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Company laptop after 90 days full-time employment
- Opportunity to advance your career
- Exposure to other facets of digital marketing (PPC, SEO, email marketing, marketing automation, CRM marketing etc.)
How to Apply
To apply for this position, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, salary expectations and a short cover email introducing yourself. Please write the position name in the subject line.
As a modern marketing consultancy based in London, Locals Talk has built a global network of designers, developers, writers, marketers and publishers which it leverages to craft and deliver bespoke marketing strategy for its clients and products. This includes paid and organic search marketing, paid and organic social media marketing, content services, blogger and public relations outreach services, as well as email marketing and marketing automation.